Last updated: January 8th, 2024
Group Montoni (1995) Division Construction (“MONTONI”, “we”, “us” or “our”), a construction and property development industry leader, is firmly committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
To provide you with quality services, we need to have access to certain personal information about you. We ensure that our employees manage this information with the utmost discretion and discipline, in accordance with the legal and regulatory requirements in force.
This Policy does not apply to third-party Websites and software that can be accessed through the Site. We are not responsible for these third-party sites, their content or access to them. Consequently, any personal information you transmit through these sites is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies. It is your responsibility to review each of those privacy policies to ensure the protection of your personal information.
MONTONI has designated a Privacy Officer. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints about this Policy, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
By “personal information,” we mean any information which relates to a natural person and directly or indirectly allows that person to be identified. Your professional contact details such as your name and title, your organization’s address or your workplace telephone number are personal information of a public nature and are excluded from certain sections of the Policy.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you use our Site, personal information collected may include, but is not limited to:
· Your contact details, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address or phone number, so that we can identify and correspond with you;
· Information about the use of our Site, including technical information about visits or any other information collected through cookies or other advertising analysis and targeting tools;
· Recruitment information, such as resume, information about your professional or academic background, or any other information relevant to potential recruitment;
· Any other personal information provided.
MONTONI ensures that only necessary information is collected. We do not purposefully or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 14.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information collected by MONTONI will be used for the following purposes:
· Building and managing our business relationship with you;
· Providing the requested services;
· Making it easier to use our Site, ensuring its relevance and following up on how it is used;
· Responding to your requests for information;
· Recruiting staff, processing applications and evaluating applicants’ profiles against the requirements of the position;
· As permitted or required, for any applicable legal or regulatory obligation or provision;
· Any other purpose to which you consent.
Except as already provided by applicable privacy legislation, MONTONI will obtain your consent before using your personal information for purposes not previously identified. You can withdraw or modify your consents at any time by using the contact details available in the “QUESTIONS, COMMENT OR COMPLAINTS” section of this Policy. Note that certain purposes mentioned in the Policy cannot, however, be subject to withdrawal of consent, because they are essential to MONTONI, as part of the services provided.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
MONTONI collects your personal information primarily from you, but also from third parties and using cookies.
· From you: You provide certain personal information directly, for example, when you communicate with us or fill out an online request form;
· From third parties: We may also collect personal information from third parties, from publicly available records as permitted by law, or if we have obtained the necessary consent;
· Using cookies: MONTONI uses certain navigation analysis and advertising targeting tools, such as Google Analytics and the Facebook pixel, which allows Google and Meta to collect personal information relating to your use of the Site provided by the cookies (“Cookies”). Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you use Websites and online services. They are used for the efficient operation of Websites and can provide information and help customize services.
MONTONI uses different types of Cookies:
· Necessary Cookies: These Cookies allow you to benefit from all the functionalities of our Site, in an optimal and secure manner; they are mandatory;
· Performance and functionality cookies: These Cookies are not essential to the provision of our services. They make it easier to customize and improve the user experience. For instance, they may remember your preferences so that you don’t have to re-enter information more than once. They allow us to understand your behaviour in order to improve our Site. You can consent or not to the activation of these Cookies when you connect to our Site. However, if you decide to refuse them, certain pages or sections of our Site may not be displayed correctly, or certain features may not be available;
· Targeted advertising Cookies: By using these Cookies, we can offer you advertising that better meets your needs, since it is targeted to your interests. When you visit our Site, these Cookies tell us in particular which pages are of interest to you and, therefore, we can subsequently display advertising that meets your interest. These Cookies are not essential to the provision of our services. You can consent or not to their activation when you connect to our Site.
It is possible to disable the Cookies to which you consented when you connected to our Site.
Social media features
Our Site includes social media features such as the share button and interactive mini-programs. If you use these features, they collect your IP address and the page you visit on our Site and set a Cookie to enable the features to function properly. These features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them, not by this Policy.
USE OF RECAPTCHA ON WEB FORMS
MONTONI uses Google’s reCAPTCHA service to protect your entry of information on forms on our Site. Google reCAPTCHA verifies that the information (on a contact form) is entered by a human being or by an automated process (a “bot”). In other words, this service allows us to distinguish between humans and computers and prevent bots from maliciously filling out forms.
By using reCAPTCHA, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out in its policies.
HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR CONSENT?
In general, we only collect, use, and disclose your personal information with your consent. In some cases, however, the law provides that we may collect, use, or disclose your personal information without your consent (for example, when we are required to disclose your information under a subpoena or court order).
By contacting us, voluntarily filing out a form with your personal information and browsing our Site, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. If you provide us with the personal information of a third party, you declare that you have the consent or authority to allow us to collect, use, and disclose such information in accordance with this Policy.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To fulfill the purposes for which it is collected, we may sometimes need to share your personal information with agents or other service providers such as:
· Hosting of the Site and other cloud platforms;
· Security background screening and fraud detection;
· Marketing and business development;
· Legal services;
· Psychometric evaluations of candidates.
They will only have access to the personal information necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and they are required not to disclose it or use it for any other purpose. We have contractual agreements with these suppliers to ensure the security of your data. Note that some of them may be located outside Quebec, in which case we carry out a privacy impact assessment before disclosing your information.
We may also share your personal information as required by law, to comply with rules or to protect the property or the safety or our rights or those of others. For example, we may disclose personal information to legal or regulatory authorities in the event that we suspect money laundering or other criminal activity, or to detect and prevent fraud. We may also need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal obligation (e.g., a court order) or to protect our assets (e.g., to collect overdue accounts).
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We strive to implement the necessary and appropriate security measures to ensure the confidentiality of the personal information in our possession. To do so, we follow namely generally accepted industry standards. The personal information that we hold is therefore accessible only to employees who are qualified to have access to it and who consult it only when necessary for the performance of their duties.
Appropriate physical, technical and/or administrative safeguards and security measures have been put in place and are maintained to prevent any:
· Accidental or unlawful destruction;
· Accidental loss;
· Unauthorized disclosure;
· Unauthorized modification;
· Unauthorized access;
· and Illegal treatment.
To do so, we ensure, among other things, that access to our offices and computer equipment is restricted, that our staff is trained and that our agents and suppliers of goods and services having access to personal information sign confidentiality agreements and implement security measures deemed equivalent.
If you believe that your personal information has been compromised, please contact us using the contact information listed in the “Questions, comments or complaints” section of this Policy.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will retain your personal information only for as long as required to pursue our business relationship with you, in accordance with our internal document retention policies or with legal and regulatory requirements.
Rigorous procedures for the retention of your personal information are in place and we will dispose of personal information that is no longer required by MONTONI for the specified purposes.
If you wish to obtain additional information, please contact us using the contact information listed in the “Questions, comments or complaints” section of this Policy.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You may request access to your personal information or information about the existence of such information or about the way we collect, use, maintain and/or disclose your personal information. You may also request that information held by MONTONI be corrected if it is found to be inaccurate, ambiguous, or incomplete. Finally, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information for non-essential purposes.
You may submit a written request to this effect by writing to the Privacy Officer at the address provided in the “Questions, Comments or Complaints” section below.
If you wish to obtain copies of your personal information, we may have to a small fee, the amount of which you would be notified in advance, simply to cover the costs of transcription, reproduction, or transmission.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
The MONTONI Site content may be modified at any time, and we reserve the right, at our discretion, to update, revise, modify or supplement this Policy from time to time. If so, we will notify you, as required by law. As this Policy may change over time, we recommend that you review it frequently to stay informed about how we treat your Personal Information.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS
To contact us, ask questions about this Policy, send us your comments, exercise your rights or file a complaint, please contact Franca Riso, Vice-President, appointed as our Privacy Officer by our President, Dario Montoni, at the following address:
Group Montoni (1995) Division Construction
Franca Riso, Vice-President
Lucien-Paiement, suite 200
Laval (QC) H7N 0H7
MONTONI wants you to know that we are committed to responding promptly and accurately to any questions or concerns you may have about the confidentiality and security of your personal information and about our privacy policies and procedures.
In the event of a complaint from you regarding the exercise of your rights as set out in this Policy, your file will be handled by the office of our Privacy Officer, who will inform you of the procedure to follow. Every complaint is investigated, and if it is found to be justified, the specific situation will be corrected, and you will be informed of the outcome.
Changes and updates to this policy
The Le 495 website content may be modified at any time, and we reserve the right, at our discretion, to update, revise, modify or supplement this Policy from time to time. If so, we will notify you, as required by law. As this Policy may change over time, we recommend that you review it frequently to stay informed about how we treat your Personal Information.
Questions, comments or complaints
To contact us, ask questions about this Policy, send us your comments, submit a request for access or correction, exercise any applicable right, file a complaint or obtain information about our practices or policies, please contact our Privacy Officer at the following address: MONTONI Group Privacy Officer Espace Montmorency 600, Lucien-Paiement, suite 200 Laval (QC) H7N 0H7 email@example.com Le 495 wants you to know that we are committed to responding promptly and accurately to any questions or concerns you may have about the confidentiality and security of your personal information and about our privacy policies and procedures. In the event of a complaint from you regarding the exercise of your rights as set out in this Policy, your file will be handled by the office of our Privacy Officer, who will inform you of the procedure to follow. Every complaint is investigated, and if it is found to be justified, the specific situation will be corrected and you will be informed of the outcome.